Jesus said, “I will build my church” (Matthew 16:18). The church is God’s mission in the world. Thus, we desire to be a church that does more than simply support missions. Instead, we must first see our congregation as part of God’s larger mission to the world, here in Forest, Virginia, to gather and equip his people. Yet we also know that the church is much larger than our congregation, and so we desire to partner with others called to Jesus’ mission to build his church throughout the world, both near and far.
Below are the missionaries and ministries that Mercy supports:
Missionary of the Month
Pray for Our Missionaries
Mercy supports a variety of ministries around the world. Our commitment to them includes lifting them before the Lord in prayer.
During August, please pray for Abi Van Kampen, serving with 1Hope Ministries in Pretoria, South Africa. Specific prayer requests:
(1) Praise for Abi’s return to Pretoria in January of this year.
(2) There is a pregnant college student now staying at the baby home. Pray for her conversion, and for a safe delivery, and for the adoptive parents who plan on taking the baby.
(3) Pray for one of our babies, which may be taken from his foster family and given to his biological grandma. This is bitter-sweet, as the family loves the Lord and him very much.
(4) Pray for believing families for our three little boys and one baby girl at the baby home.
(5) The baby home is taking steps forward to build on, and have phase two. This would allow us to care for double the babies. Pray for this process!
(6) Pray for Nickson Pasipanodya, one of our elders. He has a desire to return to plant a church in Zimbabwe. He will be raising support and preparing to be sent out by the end of next year.
(7) Abi got engaged to Lelo! Pray for the right balance of work, ministry, and wedding planning as they prepare to get married 16 December this year. Also pray for the couple as they pray and seek counsel as to their future together
(8) Pray for wisdom as Abi desires to finish her year serving at Living Hope Church with faithful service, and to disciple/raise up other ladies to serve in different capacities at church and in women’s ministry.
For information about giving, please visit here. https://1hopeministries.org/donate
Chris and Lori Gassler
Serving with Wycliffe in Cameroon
Reformed University Fellowship (RUF) at Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech Reformed University Fellowship (VTRUF) is a campus ministry seeking to experience and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ in community with others. We’re open to students from all faith backgrounds, including those who are exploring the Christian faith in particular. We’re for the convinced and unconvinced- RUF is a safe place to ask questions and work through your doubts about Jesus Christ. We are starting our 13th year on campus (Andy has been the Campus Minister since 2011) and are so thankful for all that God has done in and through VTRUF.
Reformed University Fellowship (RUF) in Lynchburg
Jamie and Rachael Grant
Serving with World Witness in Spain
James and Rachael Grant began service with World Witness in 2013, having transferred from Mission to the World. The Grants are now serving in northern Spain, where their ministry vision is to see revival through strong, national churches. James obtained his master’s degree in Spanish at NY University’s Madrid campus and his MBA at Liberty University in Virginia. Rachael is a registered nurse. The Grants are associate members of Newberry ARP Church and have five children:
Benjamin and Anna Wontrop
Serving with Presbyterian Evangelistic Fellowship in England
Abi Van Kampen
Serving with 1Hope Ministries in Pretoria, South Africa
Abi Van Kampen serves with 1Hope Ministries in Pretoria, South Africa. She is the Health Manager at Muphamuzi Baby Home and works with Women’s Evangelism and Discipleship at Living Hope Church. For more information please click here.